September 11, 2012
USYCA is pleased to welcome the Florida Cricket Conference as a member organization.
FCC was established in 2010 by cricket loving enthusiasts looking to provide local cricketers a home whether they are a seasoned cricketer, a weekend warrior or an ageless cricket lover. The specific goals of the organizations are:
- Participate in all cricket-related activities, operating as a non-profit organization
- Promote, foster and improve the game of cricket in Central Florida by grooming the next generation of US cricketer
- Provide an environment to foster a sense of community and stake in growth of cricket by its members
- Assist to lay down the foundation and infrastructure to facilitate the growth of cricket and increase the recreational playing of cricket among the US population,
- Form a cricket league comprising of teams from Central Florida along with a youth league in partnership with local organizations like the YMCA and AAU
- Provide an opportunity for cricketers to compete successfully at local, regional, national and international levels
Also, the FCC aspires to use cricket as an avenue to teach youngsters both individual and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis in developing patience, technique, intelligence and sportsmanship, which are core values of the Florida Cricket Conference and cricket, respectively.
"We're excited to have the Florida Cricket Conference as a member of USYCA," said president Jamie Harrison. "Central Florida is a great place for cricket, and we look forward to working with FCC to expand the game there among young people."